About Youth Workouts
Youth Workout Times:
COVID 19 Rules: It is extremely important that we follow Petaluma Swim Center's regulations so that we may all continue to enjoy the facility:
- Upon arrival, you must have your temperature taken. If there is no one at the check-in table, please take your own temperature.
- Bring your own pull buoy, kick board and hand paddles. The pool will not supply these during COVID 19.
- The showers are closed. The bathroom is available for one person at a time.
- There is no deck changing of clothing. Arrive in your swimsuit. After workout, you may throw on a jacket/towel, but there is no swimsuit removal on the deck.
- Do not exit through the entrance. Follow the arrows on the deck and walk around the pool (past the office) to exit through that gate.
Your Youth Monthly Membership gives you access to 3 weekly workouts:
The Sunday workout is open to both adult swimmers and youth swimmers accompanied by an adult. Coach O’Brien is in the pool with participants rather than on deck.
What to Expect:
Weekday workouts are one hour long and range from 2000 to 2500 yards. Coach O'Brien will place swimmers in their lanes based on her evaluation.
Each workout consists of a warm-up set followed by a series of short sets (50-200 yards) emphasizing the 4 swim strokes: freestyle, breast stroke, backstroke and butterfly. Coach O'Brien will give correction and feedback to perfect the different strokes. Workouts usually include pulling with a pull buoy and kicking with a board. Occasionally, youth swimmers will practice block starts.
While Coach O'Brien emphasizes correct stroke development, her youth workouts include a lot of fun WITH the challenges.
What to Bring to the Workout:
- Swim cap
- Kick board
- Swim fins and paddles are optional
For more information, contact us.